Drink driving offence, guilty plea – fixed fee £600
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
taking your instructions
providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
The fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £300).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for half a day.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Who will conduct my work?
Your work will either be carried out by James O'Toole who is a Solicitor and Head of our Criminal department or Frank O'Toole who is a Solicitor / Barrister. James qualified in 2006 and Frank qualified in 1991. Both are extremely experienced Criminal Lawyers who also have Higher Rights of Audience.