Conveyancing Solicitors Colchester, Essex
Buying a property is the largest single investment you will make in your lifetime and comes with many challenges. At John Fowlers Solicitors, our conveyancing solicitors can help – ensuring the process is as seamless as possible.
What is conveyancing? In simple terms, conveyancing is the process of preparing all the required documents and taking the appropriate precautions to successfully manage the legal transfer of property from the seller to the buyer.
Your John Fowlers Conveyancing Solicitors will:
- Write to your seller’s solicitor to request a copy of the draft contract and property details
- Analyse the draft contract and other documentation, raising any queries with the vendor’s solicitor
- Answer any questions you have about the legalities of your property purchase
- Complete the recommended searches, including local authority searches
- Review the conditions of your mortgage offer and advise on amendments where necessary
- Ensure all questions have been answered by your seller’s solicitor before you sign the contract
- Exchange contracts with the seller on your behalf
- Complete after-sale tasks such as the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax to HM Revenue & Customs
If you’re buying or selling a property, you will need experienced conveyancing solicitors Colchester.
At John Fowlers Solicitors, our professional conveyancing solicitors Colchester have more than 90 years’ experience in residential conveyancing, during which we have overseen the exchange of thousands of properties throughout Essex.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned property developer, John Fowlers Solicitors in Colchester has the experience and knowledge you need for a stress-free sale or purchase from enquiry through to completion.
To speak to one of our conveyancing solicitors Colchester, Essex, please contact us.
We have put together several useful guides to help you through the critical stages in most conveyancing transactions.
Selling or Buying a Property?
Download our comprehensive guides to Selling
Overwhelmed by Conveyancing Jargon?
We understand that residential conveyancing language can be confusing, which is why we’ve created a Useful Information and Definitions
document to help you understand some of the key terms and processes.
Helping you to prepare for the process
We have extensive knowledge of the conveyancing process and are familiar with the issues that sometimes arise during the conveyancing process, which is why we’ve put together an FAQ
document to help prepare you.
What happens once you’ve exchanged
When purchasing a new property, it can be difficult to see past all the paperwork involved in acquiring your new home. However, once we have completed the relevant paperwork, numerous things are outstanding. We have created a simple checklist to help you manage the after sale tasks. Download our Hints and Tips when Moving House
We have teams of experienced residential conveyancing solicitors in Colchester, West Mersea, Brightlingsea, and Clacton, who are happy to provide you with information about our Colchester conveyancing services.
Please contact our solicitors for conveyancing in Colchester on 01206 576151 or use the direct emails above.