Conveyancing Solicitors in Colchester, Essex
Buying a property is the largest single investment you will make in your lifetime and comes with many challenges. At John Fowlers Solicitors , our conveyancing solicitors can help make the process is as seamless as possible.
What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the process of preparing all the required documents and taking the appropriate precautions to successfully manage the legal transfer of property from the seller to the buyer. Find out more on our blog
How we can help
If you’re buying or selling a property, you will need experienced conveyancer. They will complete the following tasks:
- Write to your seller’s solicitor to request a copy of the draft contract and property details
- Analyse the draft contract and other documentation, raising any queries with the vendor’s solicitor
- Answer any questions you have about the legalities of your property purchase
- Complete the recommended searches, including local authority searches
- Review the conditions of your mortgage offer and advise on amendments where necessary
- Ensure all questions have been answered by your seller’s solicitor before you sign the contract
- Exchange contracts with the seller on your behalf
- Complete after-sale tasks such as the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax to HM Revenue & Customs
If you have any questions about the process, please contact us
Why choose us
We have been providing conveyancing services for more than 90 years, during which we have overseen the exchange of thousands of properties throughout Essex.
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned property developer, our team have the experience and knowledge you need for a stress-free sale or purchase, from enquiry through to completion.
Ready to start the process? Contact us to speak to a conveyancing solicitor.
Our quick guides will help you through the critical stages of the conveyancing process:
Selling or buying?
Download our comprehensive Selling
Overwhelmed by jargon?
Conveyancing language can be confusing, which is why we’ve created a Useful Information and Definitions
document to help you understand some of the key terms and processes.
Helping you to prepare for the process
document will answer some of your questions.
What happens once you’ve exchanged?
When purchasing a new property, it can be difficult to see past all the paperwork involved in acquiring your new home. However, once we have completed the relevant paperwork, there are more things to do. Download our Hints and Tips when Moving House
document, which includes a checklist.
Need a conveyancing solicitor in Colchester, Clacton, Mersea or the surrounding areas? Call us on 01206 576 151 or email us directly using the above details.