Your local Divorce Solicitors in Colchester, Essex with more than 90 years’ experience.
Divorce or separation can be a stressful, emotional time, however, it’s important your divorce is fair and thorough. At John Fowlers, our specialist separation lawyers and divorce lawyers in Colchester, Essex, have years of experience making the divorce and separation process as seamless as possible.
If your relationship has broken down, there are a variety of considerations to be made. Before thinking about anything else, you need to consider any children that may be affected by your separation – after, look at your assets and interests, including property, finances, will and, if applicable, business.
When you begin the divorce or separation process with one of our experienced divorce solicitors in Colchester, we will need to know:
- Are there children involved?
- What do you plan to do with your property?
- Do you need to rewrite your will?
- Do you own a business?
- Are there other shared investments that will need to be broken down?
To be granted a divorce, your marriage must be considered irretrievable due to one of the following:
- You or your partner has cheated
- You have been separated for 2 years or more (with consent)
- 5 years or more separation
- One-half of the relationship has deserted the other
In addition to divorce advice, we offer advice on the dissolution of civil partnerships.
If you are unsure about anything, don’t worry – our experienced family lawyers in Colchester, Essex will be able to advise you on how to proceed with your formal divorce or separation in the right way.
If you are in need of advice from divorce solicitors in Colchester, contact us for a phone consultation.