Commercial Law


Speak to an expert

Image christopher meadows 700x700
Christopher Meadows

01206 576151

In order to sell alcoholic drinks as well as carrying out certain other licensable activities, such as the provision of late night refreshment, including hot food and drink, either on or off premises, and certain regulated entertainment, it is necessary to obtain a licence from the local authority.
This will usually include an application for a personal licence, a premises licence, a club premises certificate, or temporary event licensing. Alternatively, it may be that a business already having the benefit of such a licence is to be transferred in which case an application will be necessary for the transfer of the existing licensed activities to the new owner.

We at John Fowlers Solicitors can assist in relation to all the necessary steps to acquire new licences, whether a personal licence, premises licence, club premises certificate or temporary event licence, or in respect of an application for the transfer of existing premises licensing, which application often needs to be co-ordinated with the transfer of the business itself, either through our Commercial conveyancing or landlord and tenant departments.
For more information concerning this area of law or for a consultation please contact Kim Kennedy via

Need to contact us?

Please fill in the from below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can